Back to School






Dear Parents and Students,

            Welcome to meet the teacher! I am very excited to meet you and look forward to a wonderful year with this group of children.  Your children should expect a year of challenge, discovery, integrated projects, hard work, good fun, teamwork, creativity, reflection, community, and a deeper understanding of themselves. I am committed to that effort in partnership with you.
Having a clear channel of communication between home and school is important to me.  Students will use agendas to track their learning and homework, and I will use a class blog:  http://hivefive2017.blogspot.com/ for sharing valuable information about our class.  In addition to the blog, the students and I will use an online portfolio website (Seesaw) for the sharing of student work.  Please feel free to telephone me at (425) 837-6638 or (preferably) email me at hagstromb@issaquah.wednet.edu.  I normally respond between ½ and 2 days, depending on the urgency, complexity, and schedule.
Please note that we have one student with a peanut/ tree nuts allergy.  The allergy is for the ingestion of the nuts, but we ask that any potential snack/ lunch food for eating in the classroom not to contain peanuts / tree nuts.  Students may still pack nut foods in their regular lunches.
             It’s wonderful to be back and I’m confident it’s going to be another wonderful year.  Please look to the class blog (here) for essential information about the class.  Look there (here) for:
            The class and specials schedules
            Ballroom Dancing
            Homework Policy
            Important Links
            Etc.      

     Best Wishes,
     Bradley Hagstrom

Comments